TOTVS’ investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding TOTVS’ intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- the economic, political and business situation in Brazil and other Latin American countries;
- the interests of TOTVS’ controlling shareholders;
- changes in consumer preferences and financial condition, as well as changes in the competitive environment of the markets in which the Company operates;
- continued success of TOTVS’ marketing and sales efforts;
- competition in the markets in which the Company operates;
- TOTVS’ ability to identify business opportunities and integrate its franchises;
- the Company’s ability to develop and introduce new products and services;
- changes in costs of products and in TOTVS’ operational costs;
- the Company’s ability to offer its customers payment and financing options at competitive rates;
- TOTVS’ level of indebtedness and other monetary obligations;
- the Company’s ability to implement an operating strategy and expansion plan, particularly throughout Brazil and in other countries in Latin America;
- inflation, depreciation of the real and interest rate fluctuations;
- changes in laws and regulations applicable to TOTVS’ business;
- governmental interventions resulting in changes in the economy, taxes or regulations in Brazil and elsewhere;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect TOTVS’ future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. TOTVS’ future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.